9MX has taken extensive steps to ensure that any data transmitted by our users cannot be intercepted, viewed, or blocked by unauthorized parties. We also have established policies telling our users how we use and store their information, such as addressing information and credit cards. See below for further details.
9MX ensures the security of all protected data transmitted to and from our site through the use of a server-based encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). As you enter personal information (such as your password, address and phone number, or your credit card number), SSL encodes it so that it is available only to you and 9MX, who will help make sure your purchasing goes smoothly. This security protects you from impostors, eavesdroppers and vandals that might otherwise access your information as it travels from one computer to another. With this security, you can send your credit card number to us without risk of interception. SSL security makes shopping over the Internet safer than shopping by telephone.
Both Microsoft Internet Explorer and the Netscape Navigator browsers have built-in security mechanisms that prevents users from unwittingly submitting sensitive information over insecure channels. If a user tries to submit information to an unsecured site, these browsers will, by default, show a warning. By contrast, if a user attempts to submit information to a site without a valid Digital ID and SSL connection, no such warning is sent.
Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Privacy issues are very important to us, given the current regulatory and technical environment and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Use of Personal Data:
We will collect information and use it for the following purposes:
- When placing an order with us we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date. We use this information in order to process and run your Account, for credit purposes, marketing, market research and analysis and to notify you of the status of the order.
- We also ask you for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently in the event of there being a problem or query with your order
- Should you enter a competition or other promotional feature on our website we may ask you for your name, address and e-mail address in order that we may efficiently administer the competition and promotion as well as notifying the winners.
- We may disclose your information to other parties for the purposes of processing and fulfilling your order.
- We may also use the information that we collect from you to notify you from time to time about functionality changes to our website, the service that we provide and details of special or promotional offers.
- All Personal Data given for orders will only be stored for 6 months, then deleted from our records.
- Your credit card information is not stored with us, as the details and payments are processed through STRIPE, who's details you can find here: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Protection of Personal Data:
We have taken every possible precaution to create a secure environment to protect the personal information supplied by you to us when making an order or opening an Account. When an order is placed or Account opened we offer the use of a secure service. Essentially we have adopted the industry standard encryption methods in that the secure service software (SSL) encrypts all information input before it is sent to us. In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and for maximum peace of mind we can advise that we have implemented strict security procedures in relation to the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us for the purpose of preventing unauthorized access. For security reasons and to protect your right to privacy we may occasionally request proof of identity from you before disclosing any sensitive information to you or accepting any order from you.
Cookies are small pieces of information that websites transfer to your computer hard drive and we use to enable our website to provide features such as automatic login, personalized greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket. Cookies can be turned off in your browser or you can be notified when you receive a cookie so you choose whether to accept it. The Help menu of your browser should contain information on how to do this. However, changing these settings may mean that you will not be able to take advantage of some of the advanced features on the site. If you do wish to remove cookies after a visit to the site, perhaps because you are using a shared computer, you can clear the cookies by clicking on the sign out link.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties:
We employ third parties and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples of these might be a courier delivering your goods to you, analysis of data, provision of marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and provision of a customer services department. Please rest assured that those companies and individuals who have access to any such personal information are not permitted to use this information for any other purposes and they are required to process any such data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Transfer of Data:
Consent and Data Protection:
You can opt out of e-mail updates by clicking the relevant link listed at the bottom of each email campaign that we send. The link will allow you to either amend your details to let us know which information you would like to receive or to remove yourself entirely from our email updates.